Saturday, October 20, 2001
np: the stone roses - "love spreads" (in my head, of course)
Oh, but for the night's sweet caress!
Alas, it is upon me. Desperate and sweet and touching me.
Here hath the drink affected me. Hark! And it calls me still, though its beckon is not as urgent as before.
Sweetly whispering the dawn towards me. It recoils in fear of a night felt finished in mine mind.
O'er this hilly moon pass of vicious chicanery. I am the victim of a liquid more pow'rful than imagined at first.
What manner of men who give me this to ingest, to swallow, to bathe in?
I am not in the least amused by this. Hooliganry! Masters of mine fate will you be?
Nay!
I will not stand to be raped by fluid nor by minds whose intent is to undermine my very moral existence!
I will not be idle in the sight of this opponant. I will not, I refrain! Will not!
But what is there to say? What is there to give to this, to sacrifice so that I might live in the face of this terror?
Only my innocence. Only my naive nature. Only what I was and what I could have been.
Something here is bare. Bearable in nature. Something here I cannot feel when I kick and rave and rant.
I have lost the feeling I struggled so hard to have for so long.
I have regained control. My ideals and ideas are centered in the focus I have found.
I have centered myself in the very reigns of my onward-pathway. The way I find is best.
I will not be blown over. The self-centered ego of an ever blown-up man.
I am better than that and I will overcome this seething self who rises up to claim my very man, nay, human-hood.
and here i am. at last.
freed of all i was and could have been.
god bless us all.
is it ego that causes war?
i'm afraid
to
ask.
posted by J. Neas |
10/20/2001 08:36:00 PM