notes from underground - societal whispers
all the news that print will fit.


Monday, January 18, 2010  

"Perhaps it is easy for those who have never felt the stinging darts of segregation to say, 'Wait.'..but..when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of 'nobodiness'..then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait. There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over, and men are no longer willing to be plunged into the abyss of despair." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

-

Another Martin Luther King Jr. Day and I always, it seems, remember to come here to post that quote, even though the most recent post on this blog was...this same post from last year. Obama has been president for a year now. And in some ways, as expected, he has been just another politician. You can't expect much more from anyone who seeks elected office. As Will Rogers, I believe, is quoted as saying: "Anyone who wants to be elected, shouldn't be." There is still hope. The hope is that people will fight for what is right, for what is good and what is helpful. That is, after all, government's role. In another year, I imagine, we'll judge again.

-

I would like to write here more. I have said that a lot. We shall see.

posted by J. Neas | 1/18/2010 02:37:00 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
communique
are 'friends' electric?
political science
local motion
ministry of information