| notes from underground - societal whispers all the news that print will fit. |
|
Monday, January 03, 2011 np: Destroyer - Kaputt I've quoted this one particular Kathleen Edwards song on my blog before, but it never stops being relevant at good times. "Good things come when you aren't looking." Amen to that, sister. 2011 has already been an amazing year, and here it is a scant three days old. Some lovely interviews have fallen into my lap or been successfully procured for the radio show; A fantastic feature I've been hoping to implement on the radio show is finally going to happen as a monthly series; I continue to work at a place that makes me feel really glad to go to work each day. And now, M. That last part was a pure shocker - from the way that we met, to the fact that we actually got along rather swimmingly, to where we found ourselves last evening and now. I won't go into a lot of detail; that's never been my style here, but at the same time, I'm a bit giddy not to at least share it in some vague way. So there. -- I always have a plethora of books to pick up and start on, but I feel especially blessed in that regard now. I finally bought a copy of Malcolm Lowry's Under the Volcano, nearly a year after M.W. suggested it to me. I also have a book, The Lover, that M. loaned me as a way of introducing me to some of her favorite literature. I have Patti Smith's Just Kids that has been beckoning me for some time and, lastly, my mom's lovely Christmas gift, Jim DeRogatis' biography of Lester Bangs, Let It Blurt. Good things, indeed. I really dig this new Destroyer album. Reminds me in turns, musically, of Aztec Camera and the Cure and even Simply Red. B. already wrinkled her nose at it a bit over our Christmas gathering, but I am already way more fond of it than its predecessor. I made these promises to myself, these resolutions, and so far, three days in, I am being successful. I have written every day - twice here and yesterday at a new blog I'm concocting - and have managed to start exercising in a way that feels good. Strangely, or perhaps not so, I feel most accomplished about the writing. I'll feel better when I've crossed the first month or two, successfully, and feel like I'm growing. So, here's hoping. posted by J. Neas | 1/03/2011 09:42:00 PM
Comments:
Post a Comment
|
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||